16-19 Tuition Funding
The Department of Education announced funding to support students whose learning was disrupted as a result of the COVID pandemic. This 16-19 Tuition Fund is available to all 16 to 19 providers such as St Paul's School for Girls and is ring-fenced for 16 to 19 small group tuition only.
We commit to using the small group tuition funding that we are given to mitigate against the impact of the pandemic on our pupils.
The funding will be used to support small group tuition for 16 to 19 pupils who:
- Have yet to achieve a grade 4 in English or Maths
- Have yet to achieve their grade 5 in English or Maths who require it for their next step
- Have a grade 4 or above in English and/or maths, are from an economically disadvantaged background and would need catch-up support.
The subjects covered in the tuition will not be limited to English and Maths but will be identified according to need and existing programmes.
The types of support outlined below will be provided through 1-2-1 support or small group intervention:
- Maths and/or English – targeted intervention to support students to fill gaps in their knowledge, practise their skills and reinforce learning from the curriculum in preparation for GCSE resits
- Additional learning support - Learning Mentor staff will provide sessions to enable students to overcome barriers to learning
- Academic skill development – focused on the development and refreshing of study skills so that students can more effectively engage with the curriculum content
Existing systems will be used to track the usage of the fund and the impact of the support on students. We will closely monitor the Tuition Fund cohort to determine the effectiveness of the support and modify it as required.
We will notify the Educations and Skills Funding Agency (ESFA) of any unspent funding from this fund for it to be reclaimed.