Year 9 Curriculum - Geography
- What shapes the coast?
- Erosion features
- Depositional features
- Living on the coast
- Coastal management
- Hard and soft engineering
- Coral reefs
- Sea levels rising
- Girls will be learning about the physical features in Africa
- Mapping skills the countries in Africa
- Comparing cities within countries
- Looking at the Sahel desert region
- Population and focus on Nigeria
- What is development?
- What are development indicators?
- How is the World divided?
- Employment around the world
- Challenging perceptions
- Rich and poor
- How can we improve quality of life?
- Where are the hazards of the world?
- What are the characteristics of plate boundaries?
- How do plates move?
- What are the processes that cause earthquakes and volcanoes?
- Can we ever prepare for natural hazard?
- Why do people live in the danger zone?
- Are hazards getting worse? Can we increase the risk or frequency?
- What causes people to move to urban areas?
- How do the opportunities and challenges in urban areas vary around the World?
- How can cities be more sustainable?
- What changes have taken place where people live over time?
- Are the urban models appropriate today?
- How are population structures changing today?
- Can we manage and control a population?
- Where in the World are we?
- Longitude and latitude?
- Grid references and map skills.
- Understanding maps
- How to draw graphs
- How to understand graphs
- How to interpret maps
- How to interpret images