Year 11 Curriculum - Computer Science
OCR GCSE Computer Science
GCSE in Computer Science is engaging and practical, encouraging creativity and problem solving. It encourages students to develop their understanding and application of the core concepts in computer science. Students also analyse problems in computational terms and devise creative solutions by designing, writing, testing and evaluating programs.
Specification code: J277
NCFE VCerts Interactive Media
V Certs are vocational qualifications which:
• are designed to apply both practical and theoretical knowledge
• relate to employment in a particular sector
• consist of practical content or applied learning
• consist of both portfolio work and an examination element
• can prepare girls for the workplace with required skills
• allow pupils to gain recognition for practical skills
• open up broad progression opportunities into Level 3 programmes and apprenticeships.