Head of Physics
The Governing Body wish to appoint a dynamic, inspirational and well-qualified teacher to lead Physics within our school.
St Paul’s is an outstanding catholic comprehensive school. Our students thrive in many ways and achieve excellent results, with a Progress 8 score of 1.38 for 2023. We are currently ranked by TES as the highest achieving comprehensive school in the West Midlands.
We offer separate and combined science at GCSE and Physics A level is becoming an increasingly popular subject. Candidates will have a passion for inspiring and engaging students with a track record of outstanding teaching and learning.
The successful candidate will be:
- Responsible for teaching Science and Physics up to GCSE and A level
- Responsible for leading and coordinating Physics across the GCSE and A level courses in conjunction with the Heads of Science, Chemistry and Biology
The successful candidate must have:
- The ability to communicate effectively with staff, students and parents
- The ability to inspire and engage students in Physics
- A passion for promoting girls within under-represented STEM pathways
- A positive attitude towards helping students overcome barriers to learning
- A school culture that values and appreciates quality teaching and learning
- An established and comprehensive induction programme
- A strong commitment to your professional development and career management with excellent CPL at all levels
- A supportive and friendly environment in which your enthusiasm will be encouraged, nurtured and rewarded
- A working environment focused on Teaching and Learning and raising standards for all
- A positive and stimulating school climate which values the contribution of all staff