Teacher of Art
Due to the increase of pupil numbers studying Art at GCSE and A level, the Governing Body of St Paul’s School for Girls offer an opportunity to appoint a talented and inspiring Art Teacher to join our exciting and fast-growing art department. Art is taught in a nurturing environment using a wide range of disciplines which help to develop students as artists. Our students are passionate about art and regularly go on to study art at university level. We seek someone who will inspire our students to generate ideas that are personal and meaningful, be courageous in taking risks with confidence and become skilled and motivated in preparation for a lifelong appreciation of the arts, or potentially ready for a career in the creative industries.
St Paul's is an outstanding Catholic comprehensive school for girls aged 11-18, we are 4th in the country on The Times 2022 list.
In 2022 GCSE English and Maths combined was 82%, Grades 9 – 4
with a progress score of 1.14.
Art results; Grade 9 16%, Grade 9 -7 59%,
Grade 9-5 98%, Grade 9-4 100%
- The ability to communicate effectively with pupils, staff and parents
- The ability to inspire a love of Art
- The ability to motivate and inspire pupil self-confidence
- A positive can do attitude to help pupils overcome any barriers to learning
- An established and comprehensive induction programme
- A strong commitment to your professional development and career management - excellent CPL and leadership development at all levels
- Outstanding exam results
- A supportive environment in which your enthusiasm will be encouraged, nurtured and rewarded
- A working environment focused on Teaching and Learning and raising standards for all
- A positive and stimulating school climate which values the contribution of all staff